Torsion Spring Design Software
More powerful than a spring calculator, ODOP:Spring is a full-featured web app enabling the engineering design of coil springs.
Remove the Guesswork from Your Torsion Spring Design.
ODOP:Spring does more than simply “calculate” select variables of a torsion spring design: It analyzes and optimizes a range of variables to provide a complete solution to design problems.
Our free and open-source spring design web app finds the best solution according to constraints or fixed values you place on variables, such as spring rate and spring size (ex. wire diameter, spring weight and total coils).
Unlike most torsion spring calculators, ODOP:Spring can converge to a compromise solution through its Search feature if it determines that one is not feasible within your specified parameters.
To ensure the least possible compromise in the above scenario, ODOP:Spring’s Trade feature can guide you to a workable torsion spring design that is closest to your original goals.
View the features page for more details.
ODOP:Spring can help design a broad range of helical coil torsion springs, including, but not limited to:
- Garage-door torsion springs
- Springs used in door hinges, hatches and lids
- Springs used in trailer ramps and tailgates
- Springs used in clothes pins, paper clips and clipboards
- Springs used in torsion pendulum clocks and mechanical watches
- Springs used in retractable seating at entertainment venues
- Springs used in medical equipment
- Springs used in LED ceiling light fittings
Calculate a Custom Torsion Spring
Choose your preferred units of measurement below to launch the software.
An ODOP:Spring user account is required to save designs into a private Design Library. You can sign up for a private account within the app. See User Accounts* for more details.